In their latest case, the kids want to prove that a popular local grocer didn't steal oysters from a nearby oyster bed. They oysters themselves may hold a clue more valuable than a pearl.
Katie Lynn Cooke loves her grandmother's home-baked cookies and sadly goes without between visits. Grandma urges Katie Lynn to start making her own cookies, using Grandma's recipes, so she won't ever have to go without again. Before Katie Lynn can scrape the batter off the bowl, she's in business -- the cookie business! Running a business is great fun, but it's also a real live grown-up J-O-B. Katie Lynn and company have their work unlike their cookies cut out for them! Step-by-step instructions enable kids to turn their kitchens into mini-cookie companies of their own!
Mr. Merlin's class on the case of food poisoning. The classmate whose parents own the restaurant where it occurred fears the possible consequences of this troubling situation.
Someone knocked out Todd and Noelle's friend Pops Verner, the night watchman at the department store, and stole his treasured pocket watch.
Stevie Marsh is off for the summer to learn about computers at Camp Viper. He's not happy about being in the woods with all the bugs and poison ivy and--yuck!--snakes. But how bad can computer camp be? Then Stevie finds out Camp Viper isn't a computer camp at all. The vipers at this camp are the kind that slither!
This informative and engaging addition to the Childhood of Famous Americans series provides a fascinating look at the boyhood and background of Teddy Kennedy, who, in addition to being the youngest brother of former President John F. Kennedy and the late Senator Robert F. Kennedy, grew up to be a revered and beloved senior Democratic senator from Massachusetts.
Sharyn and Charlotte prepare for their beach vacation by taking swimming lessons at a new marine water pool, but they are frightened when an angry escaped shark gets into the pool and tries to bite Sharyn.
Long ago, all horse were wild. In time, people taught them to wear a saddle and a bit. But some horses were not tamed. And today, all over the world, wild horses still run free. From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.