Katie Lynn Cooke loves her grandmother's home-baked cookies and sadly goes without between visits. Grandma urges Katie Lynn to start making her own cookies, using Grandma's recipes, so she won't ever have to go without again. Before Katie Lynn can scrape the batter off the bowl, she's in business -- the cookie business! Running a business is great fun, but it's also a real live grown-up J-O-B. Katie Lynn and company have their work unlike their cookies cut out for them! Step-by-step instructions enable kids to turn their kitchens into mini-cookie companies of their own!
Mr. Merlin's class on the case of food poisoning. The classmate whose parents own the restaurant where it occurred fears the possible consequences of this troubling situation.
Someone knocked out Todd and Noelle's friend Pops Verner, the night watchman at the department store, and stole his treasured pocket watch.
Stevie Marsh is off for the summer to learn about computers at Camp Viper. He's not happy about being in the woods with all the bugs and poison ivy and--yuck!--snakes. But how bad can computer camp be? Then Stevie finds out Camp Viper isn't a computer camp at all. The vipers at this camp are the kind that slither!
This informative and engaging addition to the Childhood of Famous Americans series provides a fascinating look at the boyhood and background of Teddy Kennedy, who, in addition to being the youngest brother of former President John F. Kennedy and the late Senator Robert F. Kennedy, grew up to be a revered and beloved senior Democratic senator from Massachusetts.
Sharyn and Charlotte prepare for their beach vacation by taking swimming lessons at a new marine water pool, but they are frightened when an angry escaped shark gets into the pool and tries to bite Sharyn.
Long ago, all horse were wild. In time, people taught them to wear a saddle and a bit. But some horses were not tamed. And today, all over the world, wild horses still run free. From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.