- Table View
- List View
Eight-year-old spy Adam Sharp pursues the very short Ambassador of Barkastan, who has stolen a top secret computer program, DOGBARK, that will let him understand the language of dogs.
Big Ben has been stolen! Only IM--8's top agent Adam Sharp can crack this case. But when Adam gets to London he finds cowgirls square-dancing in Buckingham Palace and cowboys having a hoedown at the Houses of Parliament. Has England gone hog-wild?
Something is sinking the world's ships! Eight-year-old super spy Adam Sharp dives right in to figure out what's going on. But he never expected to see huge robot sharks biting holes in the bottom of the ships. And he certainly never expected to see the words "MADE IN BERMUDA" on the sharks' metal bellies!From the Trade Paperback edition.
It's reading, writing, and reconnaissance for Adam Sharp and the other IM-8 agents when they go back to spy school. But even the hallowed halls of learning aren't safe from evil. Someone is leaking IM-8 secrets! Could there be a spy at spy school? Only Adam Sharp can find out!
Timber! It's off with the tuxedo and on with a red jacket when Adam Sharp goes undercover as a Mountie in Canada's north woods. Ecanem, a mysterious logging company, is hogging Canada's lumber business, so the Mounties call on superspy Adam Sharp to get to the bottom of things. Will this wanabee Mountie get his man--or, in this case, will he only get a moose?
Katie Lynn and her best friend, Tina, are all set to win the town's baking contest. That is, until Jonathan Wilbarger enters and the sugar-coated bake-off turns into a sizzling battle. Can the Katie Lynn Cookie Company stand the heat and out-cook the competition? Or will its recipe for success turn into a dessert disaster?Find out in The Battle of the Bakers. Winning recipe included!
The Katie Lynn Cookie Company is up and running! With the help of her grandmother and her best friend, Tina, Katie Lynn thinks she has everything under total control. But suddenly, the kitchen is feeling a bit overheated, thanks mostly to her mother's awful new hobby--French cooking. Now everyone's in the way: Mrs. Cooke, her runaway frogs, and Tina's little brother, Gerald. Don't look now, but some slimy snails are heading straight for the cookie dough!
After Woodrow Harper's father is killed in an automobile accident, he and his mother move to his father's hometown of Lawton, Oklahoma, to start a new life. Perhaps here he will be able to feel close to his father in a way that eluded him when his father was alive. Instead, in his new next-door neighbor, Senator Crawford, Woodrow finds both a father figure who shares Woodrow's interests and understands him in a way his own father never did, and a respected member of the community who will help him find friends in his new home. But in 1923 there are ugly secrets beneath the surface in Lawton, and the senator is at the heart of them. Woodrow's need to belong leads him to desperate choices that force him to betray everything his father believed in. George Edward Stanley's novel is a powerful depiction of a shameful chapter in American history, as well as a deeply personal story of a boy's struggle to discover who his father was -- and who he wants to become.
At first Katie Lynn is excited when people start buying the walnut chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies she is baking with her grandmother's secret recipe, but then things get terribly complicated.
Katie Lynn is thrilled to be a flower girl in Grandma's wedding. But what she doesn't count on is a houseful of hungry relatives and a forgetful florist who leaves the bride without a bouquet! Can Katie Lynn whip up some solutions to save Grandma's wedding? Of course she can-it just takes a little creative cooking!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.