- Table View
- List View
In this book Moore experiments with a species of plain language which keeps us always unprepared for the surprise of a metaphor: In default of a screen, a gown and a red petticoat had been thrown over a clothes-horse and these shaded the glare of the lamp from the eyes of the sick man.
The essential subject knowledge text for primary English. Secure subject knowledge and understanding is the foundation of confident, creative and effective teaching. The 5th edition of this popular text has a number of new features including a new self assessment section and M level extension boxes to provide further challenge in all chapters. References to the 2007 QTS Standards and the Early Years Foundation Stage are also included. With full coverage of the English curriculum, and updated research summaries reflecting the latest thinking, this text is written to help trainee primary teachers develop and consolidate their knowledge of English.
Reference book for verifying spellings of frequently used writing words. Lists 3,000 base words with other word forms--more than 10,000 words in all.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.