- Table View
- List View
The 12th edition of this best selling text continues to set the standard for contemporary early childhood practices This text does an excellent job of presenting broad, foundational content on current issues influencing early childhood education today. It is renowned for its clear, student friendly approach, readability, and engaging style. The text provides a straight-forward presentation of early childhood education today with many practical examples and authentic voices of classroom teachers. Its strong coverage of development in the age specific chapters and its emphasis on diversity make it the text for all teacher preparation programs. It provides a comprehensive coverage of families, diversity, children with special needs, history, theories, and diverse programs, technology, and professionalism that most courses require. New content on accommodating diverse learners, teaching Ells, and inclusion practices make it the strongest coverage of special needs students on the market.
Teaching in America, 5/e, is a hands-on, practical text that provides pre-service teachers with comprehensive and current information about teaching in today's diverse American classrooms. The Fifth Edition promises to be the most dynamic and practical to date. With a complete redesign; a host of new research, features, and exercises; as well as a new feature box designed specifically to show pre-service teachers how use observation effectively, this text is sure to draw attention beyond its steady and loyal base. Its "working-text" style continues to provide pre-service teachers with extensive opportunities to interact with the text while establishing both the foundations of American education and a clear picture of the realities of contemporary teaching. Its increased emphasis on accountability woven throughout the text and the marginal references to INTASC standards raise the readers' awareness of key initiatives in education in the 21stcentury.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.