The 12th edition of this best selling text continues to set the standard for contemporary early childhood practices This text does an excellent job of presenting broad, foundational content on current issues influencing early childhood education today. It is renowned for its clear, student friendly approach, readability, and engaging style. The text provides a straight-forward presentation of early childhood education today with many practical examples and authentic voices of classroom teachers. Its strong coverage of development in the age specific chapters and its emphasis on diversity make it the text for all teacher preparation programs. It provides a comprehensive coverage of families, diversity, children with special needs, history, theories, and diverse programs, technology, and professionalism that most courses require. New content on accommodating diverse learners, teaching Ells, and inclusion practices make it the strongest coverage of special needs students on the market.
Teaching in America, 5/e, is a hands-on, practical text that provides pre-service teachers with comprehensive and current information about teaching in today's diverse American classrooms. The Fifth Edition promises to be the most dynamic and practical to date. With a complete redesign; a host of new research, features, and exercises; as well as a new feature box designed specifically to show pre-service teachers how use observation effectively, this text is sure to draw attention beyond its steady and loyal base. Its "working-text" style continues to provide pre-service teachers with extensive opportunities to interact with the text while establishing both the foundations of American education and a clear picture of the realities of contemporary teaching. Its increased emphasis on accountability woven throughout the text and the marginal references to INTASC standards raise the readers' awareness of key initiatives in education in the 21stcentury.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.