- Table View
- List View
A glimpse of the deep secrets behind the wondrous human psyche.
A provocative book that explains why men are so afraid of commitment -- and what women can do about it. Why is it so hard for a man to say "I love you"? Why is it so hard for a man to ask a woman to marry him, even if this is exactly what he wants? Women work hard at relationships but all too often, just when things seem to be going well, men tend to pull away, cheating themselves out of the happiness they really want. . . and leaving women feeling hurt and confused. It doesn't have to be that way. In Why Men Won't Commit, celebrated psychologist Dr. George Weinberg explains the secret fears that make men run away from relationships and the simple things that women can do to overcome them. Men want lasting relationships just as much as women do, but they fear that commitment means loss -- most of all, the loss of masculinity. Men are far more fearful and insecure than most women imagine, with the same basic needs dictating their behavior: The need to be special. The need to travel light -- to minimize obligations and maximize independence. The need for loyalty. The need to be close emotionally, whether or not they can ask for it. Once women understand these needs, they can help men see that commitment is a strength, and not a weakness. Why Men Won't Commit will show women how to enter places where her man has not allowed any other woman to go. . . and stay there in a loving, committed relationship.
Dr. George Weinberg has been a therapist for over twenty-five years. In that time, he has worked with a great range of men, and he has discovered that deep down, men actually want commitment, love, and permanence every bit as much as women do. Over the years, his patients -- even those who have had a string of failed relationships -- have expressed deep desires for permanent, monogamous marriages. So why do they behave as if they don't? And what can a woman who wants a relationship do to help her man commit? While other therapists tend to be students of women, Dr. Weinberg is a student of men. From childhood, most men have been taught to be strong and silent, never to show weakness. They've been discouraged from talking about their feelings, so they never learned the skill. Now, most are on a quest for the ready-made perfect woman. They feel that, in relationships, things can't be worked out. When the slightest thing goes wrong, it seems easier to bolt than to talk. In engaging prose filled with anecdotes we all can relate to, Dr.Weinberg unveils the psyche of men to show the real insecurities that lurk there. Other books like The Rules and Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus have played right into men's fears -- by accepting the old myth and telling women that their job is to "overcome" men's fear of commitment. As Dr.Weinberg explains, this is exactly the wrong thing to do. Men have a powerful radar that tells them to run away when any strategy is being used on them. He explains why games of any kind -- playing hard to get, making a man jealous -- will only push a man further from commitment. And he gives women four simple keys to understanding their man's real needs and helping them move toward relationships. It is easy to scare a man, but it is also easy to capture his love without playing games. Why Men Won't Commit shows women how to enter places where her man has not allowed any other woman to go and, if it's right, to stay there in a loving, committed relationship.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.