- Table View
- List View
In this book Moore experiments with a species of plain language which keeps us always unprepared for the surprise of a metaphor: In default of a screen, a gown and a red petticoat had been thrown over a clothes-horse and these shaded the glare of the lamp from the eyes of the sick man.
The essential subject knowledge text for primary English. Secure subject knowledge and understanding is the foundation of confident, creative and effective teaching. The 5th edition of this popular text has a number of new features including a new self assessment section and M level extension boxes to provide further challenge in all chapters. References to the 2007 QTS Standards and the Early Years Foundation Stage are also included. With full coverage of the English curriculum, and updated research summaries reflecting the latest thinking, this text is written to help trainee primary teachers develop and consolidate their knowledge of English.
Reference book for verifying spellings of frequently used writing words. Lists 3,000 base words with other word forms--more than 10,000 words in all.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.