- Table View
- List View
Television Production offers you a very practical guide to professional TV and video production techniques. Here you will find straightforward descriptions and explanations of the equipment you will use, and discover the best ways to use it. The authors also tell you how to anticipate and quickly overcome commonly-encountered problems in television production. You will explore in detail all the major features of television production, learning the secrets of top-grade camerawork, persuasive lighting techniques, effective sound treatment, as well as the subtle processes of scenic design and the art of video editing. Successful program-making is about communication and persuasion. It is not merely a matter of knowing which buttons to press, but how to influence and persuade your audience, hold their attention, develop their interest, and arouse their emotions. This book tells you how to do all this - and much more. The 15th edition has been completely revamped to include lessons on: * 3D- how to use 3D cameras, field-tested 3D workflows, and more * Shooting with DSLRs * Lighting with LEDs
Techniques matter! Great ideas don't automatically translate into great programs. It's not enough simply to show what is going on. The way you present your subject will influence how your audience responds. You need to choose your picture and sound carefully, to convey your ideas in an interesting, persuasive way. This book will show you how. Video Production Handbook shows the full production process, from inception of idea to final distribution. The book focuses especially on why each step occurs as it does and provides guidance in choosing the simplest methods of creating the shots you want in your video project. Concentrating on the techniques and concepts behind the latest equipment, this book demonstrates the fundamental principles needed to create good video content on any kind of budget. Suitable for students and beginning videographers, the new edition of this classic text retains its clarity and directness but has been completely revised and updated. This practical sourcebook has been specially prepared to give you an at-a-glance guide to quality video program-making on a modest budget. Emphasis throughout is on excellence with economy; whether you are working alone or with a small multi-camera group. The well-tried techniques detailed here will steer you through the hazards of production, helping you to avoid those frustrating, time-wasting problems, and to create an effective video program. * Highly visual: more than 450 full color photos and illustrations demonstrate techniques * Modern: Revised by Jim Owens, who brings a wealth of hands-on experience to the text; up-to-date information on current equipment, techniques, and new distribution outlets such as the Web and mobile phones * A complete resource: Detailed teaching ancillaries are available for instructors, including instructor's manual, test bank, sample syllabi, image collection, video content, and more * Brand new coverage of contemporary distribution methods * Interviews featuring industry professionals provide students with inside knowledge of the industry * Sidebars featuring new coverage of topics such as shooting for 3D, shooting with HDSLRs for video, and much more!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.