The epic saga of the Steed family continues in Volume 2. Swept up in the great drama as the infant Church expands and spreads westward into Ohio and Missouri, the Steeds become eyewitnesses of miracles as well as the horrors of mob mayhem.
With more than two million copies of the nine-volume series in print since its initial release in 1990, The Work and the Glory is one of the most popular historical fiction series ever published by a religious publisher. Pillar of Light, volume one, is soon to be a major motion picture and will introduce this unforgettable story to a new generation of readers. In this saga of the Benjamin Steed family, award-winning author Gerald N. Lund blends historical reality and high-powered fiction to create an enduring love story full of intrigue, suspense, betrayal, and undeniable faith.
Truth Will Prevail continues the gripping story of the fictional Steed family, a family acquainted with Joseph Smith and caught up in the grand events associated with the restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ to the earth. Covering the years 1836 to 1838, this volume finds the Steeds involved in both remarkable and turbulent events in Church history.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.