- Table View
- List View
The Modern Language Association publishes two books on its documentation style: the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (for high school and undergraduate students) and the MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing (for graduate students, scholars, and professional writers). These volumes provide the most accurate and complete instructions on MLA style. The publisher of this book donated a digital copy to Bookshare.org. Join us in thanking The Modern Language Association for providing this accessible digital book to this community.
The seventh edition of the MLA Handbook is a comprehensive, up-to-date guide to research and writing in the online environment. It provides an authoritative update of MLA documentation style.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.