- Table View
- List View
Images and stories about space exploration surround kids, fueling their curiosity about what lies beyond Earth¹s atmosphere. In this easy-to-understand book, kids will learn how a rocket works, how a satellite stays in orbit, how a space station is built, what it's like to be an astronaut, and much, much more.
This collection focuses on the eight major holidays in the Jewish year, starting with the weekly celebration of Shabbat and ending with Shavout, the festival that marks the giving of the Ten Commandments to Moses. Each section begins with a lively retelling of the Bible story connected to the featured holiday, followed by an explanation of how the holiday is celebrated, and closing with directions and recipes for making holiday-related crafts and food. This family treasury is written in the Jewish storytelling tradition and is meant to be shared by families throughout the year.
Answers to a variety of questions about various poisonous creatures, such as "Do Gila monsters bite humans?", "What are killer bees?", "Which ant sting hurts the most?", and "Are frogs poisonous?"
How is a hurricane born? What color are tornado funnels? The fascinating answers to these and many more questions about tornadoes and hurricanes await curious minds. This book will not only intrigue readers, but will help them prepare for a storm.
In sections on the life of a whale, toothed whales, and baleen whales, the Bergers take children into the spectacular world of whales and dolphins. How long can whales stay under water? How do whales keep in touch? Can dolphins save humans? Which whales have the longest migration? Accompanied by engaging illustrations, answers to questions like these will amaze children.
This book is all about the big cats in the wild; about their habitat, food and their small ones. The book also explains how they get their prey and about their enemies.
A series of questions and answers provide information about the physical characteristics, senses, eating habits, life cycles, and behavior of different insects.
This children's book describes the lives of wolves.
In this insightful introduction to dolphins, kids will learn that the dolphin's ancestors probably lived on land, that these creatures have built-in air conditioning systems, and that they breathe only once or twice a minute!
Provides answers to a variety of questions about the human body, including "Why do you blush?" "Why do you need two ears?" "How strong is hair?" and "What are goose bumps?"
Where have all the pandas gone? From the bamboo forests of China--to near extinction. Today, there are only about 1,000 giant pandas left in the entire world. In the well-received conversational style that sets this series apart, this book explores three basic questions about endangered species: Where have these animals gone? Why are they disappearing? Are people saving them? The Bergers explain the disappearance of not only giant pandas, but also of mountain gorillas, monkeys, tigers, rhinoceroses, and bald eagles, to name a few.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.