- Table View
- List View
At the end of The Dark Ground, Robert finally managed to escape from the tiny underground world in which he had found himself trapped. He needed Lorn's help to do it, and he had to leave her behind. Now, back in his own world and his own size again, he realises that Lorn will die if she has to spend the winter underground. To rescue her, he has to do two things: entrust his friend Tom with the incredible story of what happened to him, and find the 'real' Lorn above ground. Using all oftheir ingenuity, Tom and Rob finally track down the girl for whom they are searching. Her name is Hope, and she's been locked in a pit by her misguided parents. She is filthy, backwards, and completely dependent on others. How can she help Lorn? Getting Hope out of her prison will take more courage and patience than the boys feel they have. And then they still have to rescue Lorn. Time is ticking away. With each passing second, Lorn feels inexplicably called by a strange force drawing her into the dangerous tunnels of her underground world while, above ground, Tom and Rob begin the desperate battle to save her.
This second novel of Cross's gripping trilogy finds Robert unable to stop thinking about those he left behind in a strange parallel world. When he sees a chance to save one of his friends from that world, he's desperate to succeed.
Robert wakes up naked and alone in a thick jungle. The last thing he remembers is being in a plane with his family, but there is no sign of a crash or survivors. Then he discovers the shocking truth--he is in the park near his house, but his familiar world has been transformed into an alien landscape. When he finds others in the same position, he enlists their help in getting back home. But the journey is more perilous than Robert could ever imagine.
The thrilling conclusion of a groundbreaking trilogy has arrived. Robert journeyed through a strange parallel world with the help of a tiny band of fellow survivors.
When John, a British demolition expert is supposedly killed blowing up a building, his fiancée Annie insists on investigating, despite being in a wheelchair, and John's teenage sister Hayley goes along and finds that the Russian Mafia is involved.
It begins with a photo that Charlie takes for school, a striking black-and-orange shot of a wild otter swimming in the river. But wild otters haven't lived there for years. As Charlie tries to figure out where the animal came from, he keeps crossing paths with Peter Luttrell, the younger brother of one of his classmates. Why is Peter so interested in the photograph? Why do the other kids call him "Evil Eye"? And why do the otter tracks lead directly to the Luttrells' yard?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.