- Table View
- List View
Melonhead is my preferred name. Preferred by me, not my mom. She likes people to call me by my real name, Adam Melon. Luckily, it's too late for that because when my friend, Lucy Rose, invented Melonhead, it caughton fast.Usually I am the one doing the inventing. All my life, which is 10 years, great ideas have been popping in and out of my melon head. Sometimes they work. This year they'd better, because our class is entering an inventing fair. My friend Sam and I are dreaming up plans. And Capitol Hill has a ton of places to find invention parts. We just have to make sure to get home on time, with no excuses. If we get first place at school, it will be Chantilly, Virginia Regionals, here we come!The first book in an all-new series by Katy Kelly is nonstop adventure--and trouble. Meet Melonhead!Katy Kelly lives and writes full-time in Washington, D.C. Melonhead is her fifth book for young readers.From the Hardcover edition.
Fun in the sun is the order of the day for best pals Melonhead and Sam in this funny and heartwarming story about friendship, community, and the special connection between kids and those young at heart!I'm in Paradise with my best friend, Sam. Paradise, Florida, that is--where my grandparents Nana and Jeep live. We're staying with them while my dad works and my mom is on a trip with her lady relatives. Everything in Paradise is swank and deluxe, and lots of stuff is "For the Convenience of Our Residents." That means free. We especially like the All-You-Can-Eat Buffet.Since Florida is loaded with animals, we're going to capture a pet for Sam. We considered a wild piglet or a parrot or an armadillo or an iguana, but we've decided to find an alligator egg because it's easy to carry on an airplane and it can hatch once we're home. All we have to do is come up with a way to get that egg. Luckily, Sam and I are idea men.From the Hardcover edition. are impressed--and ultimately thankful. Paradise will never be the same again!
Melonhead here--with more rules?! I already have the Remind-O-Rama list from my mom, which reminds me what I shouldn't do. Now my dad has created the Melon Family Guidelines for Life to remind me what I should do. And even though all these rules are so simple even a worm could follow them, I already have too much to think about. As Junior Special Agents with the FBI, my pal Sam and I have taken a pledge--it's our duty to help apprehend a fugitive from justice if we spot one. And believe it or not, we've spotted one not far from where we live! The Chameleon may think she's crafty, but we can see right through her wigs, plastic noses, and putty chins. We're undercover and on the case, doing surveillance and gathering evidence. But what you see isn't always what you get!From the Hardcover edition.
It's not fair! Not only is Melonhead's new fifth-grade teacher notoriously strict and mean, his mother is making him eat more and more vegetables. So Melonhead and his pals come up with a genius idea to get out of eating his mom's vegalicious meals, all the while convincing her that they actually love them. But the genius idea leads to totally unexpected and stinky results!
Melonhead and his pal Sam think that anyone who is 11 needs an allowance, but neither of their parents agree. And that's too bad because due to a mistake that happened when the boys were making a batch of Destructionator, they now have to raise some money. That's when a Brianflash of Brilliance popped into their heads, and they came up with the We-Fix-It Company. From one fix-it adventure to the next, Melonhead and Sam will have readers laughing out loud as they keep busy with their company, while still finding time to have fun with their friends!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.