- Table View
- List View
The advantages and disadvantages of breastfeeding and bottle-feeding Guidelines for establishing a breastfeeding routine What you need to know about how your nutrition affects your breast milk Tips for safe and healthy bottle-feeding Information on different formula options and how to find the right one for your baby Tips for introducing solid foods and monitoring for food allergies Advice on the best feeding and burping positions How to recognize whether your baby is getting enough nourishment
Tips for preparing mentally and physically for the big day How to recognize the onset of labor When to go to the hospital after labor begins Guidance on choosing between natural childbirth and one with medical intervention What you need to know about Cesarean delivery Information on the different pain relief options Advice for your partner or labor coach An overview of the tests you'll go through during and after delivery
* Guidance on what to expect at routine appointments and what each test means* When and why your doctor might order a special procedure* What you need to know about tests in each trimester: ultrasound, amniocentesis, CVS testing, blood work, stress tests, glucose tolerance, and more
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.