- Table View
- List View
Learn all you can about the Pythagorean Theorem in this book. Topics covered are: coordinate grids squaring off, Pythagorean Theorem and using the Pythagorean Theorem.
In Shapes and Designs, you will explore important properties of polygons.
This book contains an engaging Unit Opener, Investigations, Go Online web codes, ACE Homework, Mathematical Reflections, a Unit Project, Looking Back and Looking Ahead, and a Glossary of Terms in English and Spanish.
Connected Mathematics 2: Thinking with Mathematical Models: Linear and Inverse Variation (Grade 8, Texas Edition)by Glenda Lappan James T. Fey William M. Fitzgerald Susan N. Friel Elizabeth D. Phillips
Second book in the Connected Mathematics series, for Texas 8th graders.
In Variables and Patterns, you will study some basic ideas of algebra and learn some ways to use those ideas.
Math textbook for 6th grade
Math Textbook for 7th Grade
In Accentuate the Negative, you will learn about integers and how to use them to represent real situations.
In Accentuate the Negative one will develop understanding of and algorithms for operations with integers.
We use lots of different words to make comparisons--faster, stronger, taller, richer, smarter, heavier, safer, tastier, and so on. Sometimes, words alone give us all the information we need. It is enough to know that one box is heavier than another, one printer is faster than another, or one car is safer than another.
In Data Around Us, you will explore ways to reason with quantities in order to build number sense.
Moving Straight Ahead explores properties of the most important type of relationship among variables, linearity.
Stretching and Shrinking explores the geometry concept of similarity.
In Variables and Patterns you will explore some of the basic ideas of algebra.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.