- Table View
- List View
After a long, complex engagement, Alex and Joshua Benning feel like "happily ever after" is finally theirs. But the marriage may sour as soon-to-be minister Joshua starts pressuring Alex to start a family. Years ago, Alex suffered a botched abortion, and she still struggles from it. Joshua has his own issues. A widower who already has a five-year-old daughter, Joshua wants "the perfect family"--to the point of it being an obsession. There's also a scandal brewing over a relationship with a possible surrogate and recent international adoption attempt in the mix. Soon all the drama makes the marriage seem unmanageable and things start falling apart. Can faith lead them back to the love they share and bring them back to joy?
Sister Alex Carter is seemingly a pillar of spiritual strength, working diligently in the ministry, trying to help everyone. But she has a secret, and as a result, she is unable to help herself. In fact, she is really a ticking time bomb. Although the one thing she wants more than anything else is to marry Deacon Joshua Bennings, a Bishop's son and the church's most eligible bachelor, she can't seem to escape the mistake from her past. So instead, she distracts herself with drama, striking a moral indictment against the church, competing with a flirtatious church sister for the man she loves, holding onto a job that's pulling her further away from the will of God, and trying to block an old lover's selfish attempt to expose her. As Alex wrestles to hang on to her spotless reputation, her pre-packaged life begins to unravel, bringing her to the brink of losing everything she has worked so hard for. Alex is forced to face not only her past, but her future, as well. Will she ever learn that through Christ, no matter how dark it gets, joy comes in the morning?
Makaeli Lovechild Hunt, a successful fashion designer, struggles with her own spirituality and bi-racial identity until a family emergency forces her to face her tumultuous past. In seven life-altering days, she discovers what forgiveness really means. Amidst crises painful enough to make her turn her back on God forever, she learns what it means to be God's lovechild.
Nothing has been easy for Nila since the fire that claimed her husband's life. Unable to complete her education in the U. S. , Nila returns to India, where she resorts to dancing in a bar. Being a widow and single mother is hard enough, but being accused of her husband's murder has made life almost unbearable. When she runs into Malcolm, a handsome, womanizing, and ambitious acquaintance from her college days, a friendship emerges that sends Nila on a journey of self-discovery. Nila's mother-in-law is still determined to have her incarcerated for murder, and Malcolm and Nila soon find themselves drawn into a battle of good versus evil. Malcolm feels torn about jeopardizing his future and his fortune because of Nila's problems. His conflicted feelings make him the perfect target for the rich American runway model who attempts to steal his heart. Nila must re-evaluate her relationship with Malcolm, and her newly found faith is tested. When the heat is turned up, will Malcolm and Nila be able to overcome their conflicting cultures and ambitions to finally find real love, the kind that only comes from God?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.