- Table View
- List View
Sister Alex Carter is seemingly a pillar of spiritual strength, working diligently in the ministry, trying to help everyone. But she has a secret, and as a result, she is unable to help herself. In fact, she is really a ticking time bomb. Although the one thing she wants more than anything else is to marry Deacon Joshua Bennings, a Bishop's son and the church's most eligible bachelor, she can't seem to escape the mistake from her past. So instead, she distracts herself with drama, striking a moral indictment against the church, competing with a flirtatious church sister for the man she loves, holding onto a job that's pulling her further away from the will of God, and trying to block an old lover's selfish attempt to expose her. As Alex wrestles to hang on to her spotless reputation, her pre-packaged life begins to unravel, bringing her to the brink of losing everything she has worked so hard for. Alex is forced to face not only her past, but her future, as well. Will she ever learn that through Christ, no matter how dark it gets, joy comes in the morning?
Makaeli Lovechild Hunt, a successful fashion designer, struggles with her own spirituality and bi-racial identity until a family emergency forces her to face her tumultuous past. In seven life-altering days, she discovers what forgiveness really means. Amidst crises painful enough to make her turn her back on God forever, she learns what it means to be God's lovechild.
Nothing has been easy for Nila since the fire that claimed her husband's life. Unable to complete her education in the U. S. , Nila returns to India, where she resorts to dancing in a bar. Being a widow and single mother is hard enough, but being accused of her husband's murder has made life almost unbearable. When she runs into Malcolm, a handsome, womanizing, and ambitious acquaintance from her college days, a friendship emerges that sends Nila on a journey of self-discovery. Nila's mother-in-law is still determined to have her incarcerated for murder, and Malcolm and Nila soon find themselves drawn into a battle of good versus evil. Malcolm feels torn about jeopardizing his future and his fortune because of Nila's problems. His conflicted feelings make him the perfect target for the rich American runway model who attempts to steal his heart. Nila must re-evaluate her relationship with Malcolm, and her newly found faith is tested. When the heat is turned up, will Malcolm and Nila be able to overcome their conflicting cultures and ambitions to finally find real love, the kind that only comes from God?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.