- Table View
- List View
In 10 Bad Choices That Ruin Black Women's Lives, relationship expert Dr. Grace Cornish writes a lively, practical, provocative guide for black women everywhere who want to shed the duds and find the studs who will treat them with respect.According to Dr. Cornish, six out of every ten black women are either in bad relationships, share a man, or are celibate. The problem is not the women themselves but the bad choices they keep making. In her frank and refreshing new book, Dr. Cornish speaks to unique aspects of the African American female psyche by targeting ten of the most common and foolish choices black women make in their lives regarding men, and how they can correct these problems, including:Sisters Dissin' SistersNo Money, No HoneyExchanging "Sexual Dealings" for Loving FeelingsLoving the "Married Bachelor" Emotional Dependency Plus Unplanned Pregnancy. . . and much more.Relying on case studies, interviews, and letters she has received, Dr. Cornish gets to the heart of the matter by illuminating why black women, no matter how smart, savvy, and successful, continue to lose at the dating game, and how they can face, erase, and replace the problems that have kept them from finding true love.Why are so many black women alone or in bad relationships?Why do sisters unconsciously use weight, fear, finance, status, skin color, and other barriers to keep themselves from getting the love they want?Why do black women think that there are no eligible black men left--that the good ones are married, dead, or not yet born, and the rest are gay, bisexual, or interested only in white women?From the Hardcover edition.
"It's time to take back your power and your life--take it back from the bad relationships, bad careers, bad investments, bad company, and bad memories. It's time for you to live a fuller, happier, more productive, and wholesome life. This is your time to claim your blessings. God has given you a choice. Choose wisely, sis--choose to win, and enjoy every moment of it." With her national bestseller,10 Bad Choices That Ruin Black Women's Lives, beloved television personality, lecturer, and author Dr. Grace Cornish wrote a self-help classic for black women who wanted to face and erase the relationship problems. Now, in her 10 Good Choices That Empower Black Women's Lives, Dr. Grace takes readers beyond healing just their romantic relationships--she's ready to show black women how to incorporate new, empowering, good choices into every aspect of their lives. Inspiring and insightful, this is Dr. Grace's tried-and-true prescription for finding the right balance between work, love, and spirituality. From "Trust Your Intuition" to "Taking Calculated Chances" and "Embracing the Skin You're In," Dr. Grace outlines ten positive choices that will help black women move onward and upward in their personal and professional lives. Full of first-person anecdotes from Dr. Grace's patients, friends, and fans, this is a real book about real people in tough situations and the choices they have made that led to renewed success, happiness, and peace of mind. With her trademark brand of smart, sympathetic, sister-to-sister counseling, Dr. Grace Cornish's10 Good Choices That Empower Black Women's Lives is destined to become a classic of self-help for African-American women of all ages and backgrounds.
In her previous books, the national bestsellers 10 Bad Choices That Ruin Black Women's Lives and 10 Good Choices That Empower Black Women's Lives, celebrated television personality, motivational speaker, and author Dr. Grace Cornish showed African-American women how to kick unhealthy habits, make positive decisions, and transform themselves into self-assured sisters. Now, in You Deserve Healthy Love, Sis!, Dr. Grace goes the extra mile and gives Black women a simple, workable plan to help them find their true soul mate and cultivate a healthy love, from dating to mating--and beyond.Once again, armed with her trademark "tell it like it is" spunk and her inspiring, on-target advice for women of color, Dr. Grace offers a practical yet empowering seven-step prescription for rich, honest love that will withstand life's challenges and land a woman at the altar next to her ideal spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical man. From "Check Your Signals Before You Wreck Your Choices" to "Don't Be Fooled--Read Him Well and Remove the Mask," Dr. Grace provides her readers with plenty of insightful tips on how to date with the utmost confidence and avoid the nasty pitfalls that can sink even the strongest relationships. In the tradition of Dr. Grace's other spirited, smart self-help books, You Deserve Healthy Love, Sis! is also packed with heartfelt letters from Black women across the country who want to stop settling for Mr. Wrong and inspiring stories from sisters who have followed these steps and made long-lasting commitments to their soul mates. Poignant, honest, and filled to the brim with priceless wisdom, this book is a must-have for women who are looking to cultivate the healthy love they've always dreamed of.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.