- Table View
- List View
Everything we think, say, feel, and do has a direct impact on our physical and emotional health. And yet, we overlook this fundamental truth every day. A solution exists. 'The 22 Non-Negotiable Laws of Wellness' advocates a holistic no-nonsense a
50 strategies to employ in the fight against cancer
This definitive guide, revised and updated with over 25% new material, empowers cancer patients and their loved ones to move beyond their disease. Greg Anderson, a cancer survivor, has designed this book for the recently diagnosed, those with recurring symptoms, and those who are well but have a lingering fear that the disease may strike again. Informative and inspiring, Cancer: 50 Essential Things to Do goes hand-in-hand with the patient's medical treatment and is an invaluable roadmap to recovery. Filled with practical, healing "action steps" that have been used by thousands of cancer survivors, the revised edition also contains important new information--including recently approved medical treatment options, updated cancer research, and Internet resources--geared toward making sense of the fast-changing world of cancer treatment and recovery. .
The ground-breaking classic guide to surviving cancer?now completely updated! Revised and updated for the first time since 1999, this invaluable guide to cancer recovery offers an easily accessible plan for patients and family members. Written by a cancer survivor, the book is an inspiring, action-oriented roadmap for those who choose to adopt a stance of hope and take charge of their diagnosis. With penetrating insights that bring together more than two decades of scientifically supported research and experience, Anderson reveals a step-by-step holistic action plan that has been successfully employed by hundreds of thousands of cancer patients worldwide. Anderson?s message is: ?You must not simply treat illness, you must also create wellness?physically, emotionally and spiritually. ? .
How to be a cancer conqueror
Written for the beginning computing student, this text engages readers by relating core computer science topics to their industry application. The book is written in a comfortable, informal manner, and light humor is used throughout the text to maintain interest and enhance learning. All chapters contain a multitude of exercises, quizzes, and other opportunities for skill application.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.