- Table View
- List View
R is a popular programming language that statisticians use to perform a variety of statistical computing tasks. Rooted in Gregg Hartvigsen's extensive experience teaching biology, this text is an engaging, practical, and lab-oriented introduction to R for students in the life sciences.Underscoring the importance of R and RStudio to the organization, computation, and visualization of biological statistics and data, Hartvigsen guides readers through the processes of entering data into R, working with data in R, and using R to express data in histograms, boxplots, barplots, scatterplots, before/after line plots, pie charts, and graphs. He covers data normality, outliers, and nonnormal data and examines frequently used statistical tests with one value and one sample; paired samples; more than two samples across a single factor; correlation; and linear regression. The volume also includes a section on advanced procedures and a final chapter on possible extensions into programming, featuring a discussion of algorithms, the art of looping, and combining programming and output.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.