- Table View
- List View
This is a review of recent advances on the use of DNA microarray for diagnosing foodborne pathogens. Rapid detection and characterization of foodborne pathogens is critical for food safety. Many relevant technologies have been intensively developed to date. DNA microarray technology offers a new way to food safety involving pathogen detection and characterization. DNA microarray can be used for detection and characterization of pathogens by analyzing hybridization patterns between capture probes and nucleic acids isolated from food samples or bacteria. It allows more rapid, accurate, and cost-effective detection of pathogens compared with traditional approaches of cultivation or immuno-assays. The application of DNA microarrays to different foodborne bacteria, such as Campylobacter, Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes, or Shiga toxin producing Escherichia coli, will improve their rapid identification and characterization of their genetic traits (e.g., antimicrobial resistance, virulence). As bacterial foodborne diseases are posing more serious threats to public healthcare, development of rapid and accurate methods for pathogen detection and characterization is critical to their proper control at the earliest time.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.