- Table View
- List View
The photographs in The Connecticut River follow this major waterway for 410 miles, from its origin near the Canadian border to its wide mouth on Long Island Sound, giving us a vivid portrait of a living artery of the New England landscape. Author and photographer Al Braden opens the book with an essay introducing important aspects of the river, and then presents 136 full-page color photos, ranging from close-ups to dramatic aerials, to reveal the river as few people are privileged to experience it. Readers will see and learn about the landscape, history, development, conservation, geologic formations, wildlife, flora, and, of course, the moods of the water, sky, and riverbank. Informative captions provide a wealth of information about the images, from pristine misted mornings to rich valley farmlands and modern hydroelectric turbines. Together, the images and text provide a poignant look at the river and document its centrality to the development of the unique character of New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. Includes select bibliography and list of resources.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.