- Table View
- List View
This book discusses the impact of recent advances in the theory of "scaling relationships" and identifies critical issues that must be considered if experimental results are used to understand the temporal and spatial scales of actual ecosystems.
Over a million and a half families already use Taking Care of Your Child to help keep their children healthy. Updated with the most recent research and recommendations, this award-winning guide discusses common medical problems, as well as emotional issues such as new siblings and school challenges. The authors even provide forms for medical, growth, and immunization records. And unlike other children's health books, this comprehensive guide is useful from birth through a child's adolescence. Taking Care of Your Child is easy to use, even in a crisis. Simply look up a symptom, and you find a complete explanation of probable causes, how serious they are, and how you might quickly relieve your child's problem at home. Easy-to-follow decision charts show parents exactly when to take a child to see a doctor. This book covers more than 100 common complaints-injuries and allergies, childhood diseases-with especially clear advice on handling emergencies.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.