- Table View
- List View
Tanzania is currently developing a Health Financing Strategy to provide a medium to long-term road map for a sustainable and integrated health financing system. This book is designed to inform this discussion by providing an analytical basis for the discussion of options, a series of policy options which could be considered in moving forward, and the economic and financial implications of these options. In doing so, it is hoped that this book will help stimulate the discussion of options and help Tanzania develop a health financing strategy which meets its long-term needs. Health financing in Tanzania is currently highly fragmented, with many different sources of funds and programs directed at specific population groups. Despite this, many people still do not access health services because of financial barriers, and this burden falls disproportionately on the poor. This book looks at the current situation with respect to health financing as well as the experience in other countries to address health financing for the poor and the population generally, using a common analytical framework. The book then explores a number of options in the areas of revenue generation, pooling of funds, purchasing and service provision, and also looks at the regulatory and political environment, making specific recommendations which can be considered in each of these areas. The focus of these recommendations is particularly on improving financial health protection for the poor. The economic, financial and service delivery implications are then examined, using several different scenarios for extending pre-paid health insurance coverage to the population. Making Health Financing Work for the Poor in Tanzania will be of interest to readers working in the areas of health care and public health, social protection, and social analysis and policy, in Tanzania and in other countries aiming for improvements in their health financing systems.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.