- Table View
- List View
Tanzania is currently developing a Health Financing Strategy to provide a medium to long-term road map for a sustainable and integrated health financing system. This book is designed to inform this discussion by providing an analytical basis for the discussion of options, a series of policy options which could be considered in moving forward, and the economic and financial implications of these options. In doing so, it is hoped that this book will help stimulate the discussion of options and help Tanzania develop a health financing strategy which meets its long-term needs. Health financing in Tanzania is currently highly fragmented, with many different sources of funds and programs directed at specific population groups. Despite this, many people still do not access health services because of financial barriers, and this burden falls disproportionately on the poor. This book looks at the current situation with respect to health financing as well as the experience in other countries to address health financing for the poor and the population generally, using a common analytical framework. The book then explores a number of options in the areas of revenue generation, pooling of funds, purchasing and service provision, and also looks at the regulatory and political environment, making specific recommendations which can be considered in each of these areas. The focus of these recommendations is particularly on improving financial health protection for the poor. The economic, financial and service delivery implications are then examined, using several different scenarios for extending pre-paid health insurance coverage to the population. Making Health Financing Work for the Poor in Tanzania will be of interest to readers working in the areas of health care and public health, social protection, and social analysis and policy, in Tanzania and in other countries aiming for improvements in their health financing systems.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.