Sometimes scientists need to observe objects closely. Certain tools can help them observe details they might not be able to see with just their eyes. A hand lens makes things look larger than they are. It magnifies them. Hold the lens a few centimeters in front of your eye. Then move the object closer to the lens until you can see it clearly. Never let the lens touch your eye. Never use it to look at the sun!
This Christian book teaches children about love, life, Christianity, celebrating life, attractions and temptations by quoting bible verses and stories.
This book of "Harcourt Collections Journeys of Wonder Practice Book Grade 3 - Vol. 2" contains joyful practices for Grade 3 students.
This edition contains Living in a Community, Our Government, Looking at the Earth, Learn About People, Past and Present, People at Work plus charts, atlas, diagram, skills, biography, etc.
In this book, you will learn about the four regions of the United States--the Northeast, South, Middle West, and West. You will also learn about the country's land, water, and climate. In addition, you will find out about the many different people of this country. All of these things will help you understand why people are proud to be citizens of the United States.
This Texas edition contains unit lessons on The Geography of Texas, Texas Long Ago, Colonies and Independence, State hood and Separation, The Twentieth Century, and Texas Today and Tomorrow.
The activities in this book reinforce social studies concepts and skills in Harcourt Horizons: United States History. There is one activity for each lesson and skill. In addition, chapter graphic organizers and test preparation pages are provided. Reproductions of the activity pages appear with answers in the Teacher's Edition.
This textbook is divided into eight units. Each unit has a Unit Preview that gives facts about important events. The Preview also shows where and when those events took place. Each unit is divided into chapters, and each chapter is divided into lessons. Each unit begins with a song, poem, story, or other special reading selection.
Students will read about people from the past and the present, and will see how their ways of life have stayed the same or changed over time.
This book is learning about the world. Despite differences in appearance, language, or ways of life, the people of the world share basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter. As you read this book, you will find out about people in other countries. You will learn about their history and how they live today. You will also learn how they and you are alike and different. Knowing about people around the world will help you better understand world events of the past, present, and future.
Topics covered in this book include: whole numbers, multiplication, division facts, geometry, algebra, measurement, decimals, perimeter, area and volume.
Mathematics is a language of numbers, words, and symbols. In this book, you will learn ways to communicate about math as you talk, read, and write about what you are learning.
A grade 4 Math book that covers whole numbers, time, data, graphing, multiplication, division, geometry, algebra, fractions, probability, measurement, decimals, perimeter, area and volume.
This edition contains unit lessons on Number Sense and Operations, Statistics and Graphing, Fraction Concepts and Operations, Algebra: Expressions, Equations, and Patterns, Geometry and Plane Figures, Measurement: One and Two Dimensions, Solid Figures and Measurement, Ratio, Proportion and Probability, Algebra: Integers and Graphing,
This Reteach Workbook for Grade 4 contains: Understand Whole Numbers and Operations, Time, Data, and Graphing, Multiplication and Division Facts, Multiply By 1- and 2-Digit Numbers, Divide By 1- and 2-Digit Divisors, Geometry and Algebra, Fractions and Probability, Measurement and Decimals, Perimeter, Area, and Volume, etc.
This book broadly covers life science, earth science and physical science.
This is a story of the United States: how it came to be, how its pasts affects today, important events that took place in it and the people who took part in those events.
Adventures in books can take you to some amazing places. The adventures in this book take you to the world of butterflies, on a chase for a runaway dog, and to meet children just like you who love to play and work together.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.