Internationally renowned meditation teacher Hari Kaur Khalsa knows well the whirlwind stresses and strains placed on women today. Through the secrets of ancient Kundalini chanting and meditation techniques, women will find peace amid all the chaos, develop their creativity, and hone their inner wisdom. To introduce the newcomer to meditation, Hari Kaur helps the reader, step by step, to create a space in which to meditate, to become familiar and comfortable with different postures, to breathe deeply and effectively, and to clear the mind. Plainly organized into sections uniquely tailored to a woman's changing physical and emotional needs, Hari Kaur teaches how to: - alleviate frustration, ward off moodiness, and become calm - ease life transitions, accept change, and encourage personal creativity - fully realize the potentials of pregnancy and motherhood; and much more In addition, Hari Kaur discusses seven steps to achieve happiness and how to use meditation to build a spiritual identity. Her meditations are presented in the original Sikh as well as in English translation. And the easy-to-reference format will keep the reader returning again and again as she grows through meditation and in her daily life.
Interest in yoga is at an all-time high, especially among women. Whether readers wish to begin the practice or are already involved in yoga, this innovative book will help them understand the unique benefits yoga provides for a woman's health and mental well-being. The authors lead women of all ages through the health and life cycles specific to females by illustrating the spiritual and physical advantages of Kundalini yoga, as taught by yoga master Yogi Bhajan. Hari Khalsa applies ancient wisdom to explain how to determine and enhance one's own special relationship with the mind, body, and soul. Using his expertise on women's health issues, Dr. Siebel reveals the scientific basis for yoga's positive effects on the brain. Together, Dr. Siebel and Hari Khalsa create a dialogue of spiritualism and science, elucidating how every woman can reap the rewards of yoga for a lifetime.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.