- Table View
- List View
If you're an expectant father, there's a surprise around every corner... Dad's Expecting Too! is a witty and wise guide to everything you and your partner need to know about having a baby--from the moment you discover she's pregnant to the first night home with your newborn. Packed with the best advice from experts and parents who have been there before, this must-have book offers essential tips, insights, and stories about the most exhilarating, intimidating, and awesome experience of your lives. This newly revised edition features updated health and safety information, new resources for adoptive fathers, ideas for celebrating with "dadchelor parties," and more. The First Few Weeks Telling friends and family; the first doctor appointments How the Baby Grows Track week-by-week developments Month-by-month pictures of a baby Expectant Moms and Dads 101 Happy, hormonal, nesting, and exhausted moms-to-be In-awe, on-call, scared, and "me too: dads-to-be Spoiling Your Partner Massages, gifts, and providing vital emotional support The Big Day: Labor and Delivery Everything you'll see, hear, do After the Baby Is Born Feedings, surviving the first few nights, and rekindling your love life
Dad's Pregnant Too! is a first-of-its-kind guide written for expectant fathers, but also intended for couples. From the first positive test, To The first time seducing your pregnant partner, To The first push, To The first week home following the birth, Dad's Pregnant Too! exposes and explores everything an expectant dad needs to know (but no one ever tells him). Dad's Pregnant Too! is the most comprehensive guide to help expectant fathers understand their partners, themselves, and what's really going on inside her belly. Medically reviewed Includes pictures of baby's development
The Happiest Kid on Campus: A Parent's Guide to the Very Best College Experience (for You and Your Child)by Harlan Cohen
If your child is beginning life in college, there's a surprise around every corner. . . But that doesn't mean you can't be prepared! The Happiest Kid on Campus is a witty and wise guide to everything you need to know about the college experience. Harlan Cohen, America's most trusted college life expert, delivers the best advice, facts, stats, tips, and stories from parents, students, and experts across the country to ensure that you and your child will have an incredible and meaningful college experience. The Summer Before; What, when, and how to prepare; The emotional roller coaster; Paying the Bills; Financial aid tricks and tips; Budgets, books, and the best campus jobs; Calling, Texting, and Facebooking; New ways to keep in touch; How much is too much; The First Few Months; Move-in, roommates, and homesickness; What not to do when you're missing them; To A or Not to B; Professors, grades, and actually going to class; When to step in (and when not to); Keeping Them Safe; Drinking, partying, and other things your kid might not be doing; Knowing your campus support resources.
In college, there's a surprise around every corner... The #1 Student Handbook; Updated 3rd Edition But that doesn't mean you can't be prepared! From sharing a bathroom with 40 strangers to sharing lecture notes, The Naked Roommate is your behind-the-scenes look at EVERYTHING you need to know about college (but never knew you needed to know). From sharing a bathroom with 40 strangers to sharing lecture notes, The Naked Roommate is the behind-the-scenes look at everything students need to know about college (but never knew they needed to know). Completely revised and updated, this essential guide used by hundreds of thousands of students is packed with expert advice on everything from managing money to managing stress-plus hilarious, outrageous, and telling stories from students on over 100 college campuses:
In this update of the 2009 edition, an advice columnist for young people and their parents provides facts and tips on things not typically mentioned in college brochures such as homesickness and depression, naughty or nasty roommates, fraternities and sororities, drinking and drugs, and living on a student budget. Cohen is the author of The Happiest Kid on Campus. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.