- Table View
- List View
Having helped shaped some of today's hottest bodies, one of America's most sought-after diet and fitness experts, Harley Pasternak, here shares his revolutionary five-week program that will help you lose weight and get fit without feeling hungry or deprived. One of the easiest programs to follow, the 5-Factor Diet incorporates * 5 meals a day with 5 core ingredients in each recipe* 5-minute meal prep for more than 100 recipes* 5 short workouts a weekComplete with delicious and quick meal ideas, easy-to-follow shopping lists, and detailed workout photos and instructions, The 5-Factor Diet is the key to your health and happiness!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Following on the heels of his hugely popular blockbuster, The 5-Factor Diet, celebrity trainer and nutritionist Harley Pasternak has searched the world to add a little variety and spice to your weight loss plan. The 5-Factor World Diet takes the 5-Factor principle of five meals a day, five core ingredients, five-minute prep time, and incorporates the best foods and nutritional habits from ten of the world's healthiest countries. While jetting to exotic locales with some of Hollywood's biggest stars as their personal health and fitness expert, Pasternak has sampled local cuisine from many corners of the world. Consequently he has made a fascinating discovery: the farther he journeyed from the United States, the easier it was to seek out foods that were both nourishing and slimming. Now he reveals the international diet secrets of the world's healthiest people, including the self-control technique used by the Japanese that prevents them from overeating. the trick to combating heart disease in France (it's not just the wine). the reason Swedes stay slim and trim year round and have among the highest average life expectancies (80. 74 years). the key to Singapore' s low obesity rate (less than 2%). an explanation why notorious food-loving Italians are among the healthiest people in the world Pasternak also shares helpful advice about ordering in restaurants, as well as pantry-stocking and cooking tips. With suggested menus and more than 120 delicious recipes--from Japanese Chicken Yakatori and French Ratatouille to Chapchae Korean Stirfry and Oven Baked Swedish Meatballs-- The 5-Factor World Diet will keep you healthy, fit, and looking your absolute best.
With so many crazy and extreme diets on the market, it's hard to know what to eat and how to maintain a healthy regime. We have lost our way when it comes to diet and succumb to extreme measures that promise short term rewards. In spite of our extreme attempts to get in shape, we are still unsatisfied with how we look. The Harley Plan puts an end to these extreme behaviours that are making us fat and tells you exactly how to achieve your best physique in just 15 days. Get ready to press the proverbial 'reset' button on your metabolism and exercise regime and prepare to revise your entire outlook on health. The Plan is comprised of three phases, each lasting five days. Weight loss begins on day one of 'Phase I' and in all three phases, you will eat five times daily - thus igniting your metabolism to run more efficiently. Furthermore, the plan will show you how to make simple, healthy meals that can be prepared in less than five minutes. Finally, you'll learn just how easy it is to exercise an optimal amount, so as not to trigger your appetite. It is so simple and you'll be able to maintain this program for the rest of your life. In just 15 days, you will lose weight with ease and can expect to lose 5 inches in just 5 days.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.