- Table View
- List View
THE FIRST FINANCIAL GUIDE TAILORED EXCLUSIVELY TO LESBIAN AND GAY COUPLES ON HOW TO PROTECT THEIR ASSETS WHEN LAWS FAIL. Lesbian and gay couples can achieve solid, long-term financial security--but they need to arm themselves with foresight, awareness, and facts. That's what this book is all about. Now, drawing on more than twenty years' experience as a financial adviser to lesbian and gay couples, Harold L. Lustig has written the definitive financial guide for you and your partner. Through Lustig's four easy-to-follow steps to economic security--PLAN, PLAN, PLAN; PROTECT WHAT'S YOURS; THINK COMMUNITY; USE NON-CONVENTIONAL WISDOM AND TAKE ACTION--this invaluable book gives you workable financial strategies and up-to-date information on- Estate planning--why it's especially vital for you and your loved one- Tax advantages available to you--and not to legally recognized couples- Reducing your tax load through charitable contributions and shifting assets- A domestic partner agreement--why it is critical to your financial well-being- Avoiding the "gay penalty" on long-term health care and retirement plans- Tips for funding a college education--without dropping into the red- Reentering the job market when you are HIV positive- Buying and fine-tuning disability insurance- The facts about joint ownershipAnd much more!Despite unfavorable laws, you can protect your assets, provide for retirement, avoid discriminatory penalties, and ensure that you and your partner enjoy and share what you've earned together. From building and transferring wealth with life insurance to creating documents that protect you when marital laws do not, this clear, smart, practical guide provides the essential financial information that every lesbian and gay couple needs and deserves. From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.