- Table View
- List View
THE FIRST FINANCIAL GUIDE TAILORED EXCLUSIVELY TO LESBIAN AND GAY COUPLES ON HOW TO PROTECT THEIR ASSETS WHEN LAWS FAIL. Lesbian and gay couples can achieve solid, long-term financial security--but they need to arm themselves with foresight, awareness, and facts. That's what this book is all about. Now, drawing on more than twenty years' experience as a financial adviser to lesbian and gay couples, Harold L. Lustig has written the definitive financial guide for you and your partner. Through Lustig's four easy-to-follow steps to economic security--PLAN, PLAN, PLAN; PROTECT WHAT'S YOURS; THINK COMMUNITY; USE NON-CONVENTIONAL WISDOM AND TAKE ACTION--this invaluable book gives you workable financial strategies and up-to-date information on- Estate planning--why it's especially vital for you and your loved one- Tax advantages available to you--and not to legally recognized couples- Reducing your tax load through charitable contributions and shifting assets- A domestic partner agreement--why it is critical to your financial well-being- Avoiding the "gay penalty" on long-term health care and retirement plans- Tips for funding a college education--without dropping into the red- Reentering the job market when you are HIV positive- Buying and fine-tuning disability insurance- The facts about joint ownershipAnd much more!Despite unfavorable laws, you can protect your assets, provide for retirement, avoid discriminatory penalties, and ensure that you and your partner enjoy and share what you've earned together. From building and transferring wealth with life insurance to creating documents that protect you when marital laws do not, this clear, smart, practical guide provides the essential financial information that every lesbian and gay couple needs and deserves. From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.