- Table View
- List View
A Girl's Guide to Growing Up. Being a girl is a lot of fun most of the time. But some days are really difficult. Dealing with a body that is changing before everyone's eyes, increasing amounts of schoolwork, boys, other girls, friends, makeup, clothing, parents. Wow! Life as a preteen or early-teen girl is tough, and that's why every girl has questions about growing up. Fortunately, now you have some help. Girls: What's So Bad About Being Good? is your new guide to surviving those trying times and feeling good about yourself in the end. Inside, a mom and her daughter--who's about the same age as you--team up to help you figure out what's really important in life and how you can become the person you want to be. You'll find some great ways to handle emotional issues and deal with daily crises as you discover how to:·Develop a positive self-image ·Maintain healthy relationships with parents, friends, and boys ·Deal with peer pressure, bullies, brats, and violence ·Dream big and turn those dreams into reality! ·And so much more! "A lively, relevant, and valuable resource that can not only empower but also help girls keep open the lines of communication with the important adults in their lives." --Marty Evans, national executive director, Girl Scouts of the USA "A great book for preteen girls! The best of both worlds with the smarts of a mom and a daughter!" --Karen Bokram, editor in chief, Girls' Life magazine (From the Trade Paperback edition.)
This easy-to-use resource for Girl Scouts and Brownies helps give ideas on earning badges. The activities listed in this book are great fun to do on your own or with friends. This book also helps girls be resourceful out in nature. The Safety section offers many good ideas including teaching skills for an emergency like fire or if a person is choking.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.