- Table View
- List View
How to Pass Numeracy Tests will help you practice for timed tests, revise your maths and numeracy knowledge and improve your test technique. Providing over 350 practice questions it also gives vital advice on how the tests are marked and what you can do to optimise results. The wide variety of practice includes 20 timed tests on data interpretation, number sequences and number problems, covering percentages, averages, currency, decimals, whole numbers, multiplication and division as well as adding and substracting. With mental arithmetic starter exercises and a host of preparation techniques, How to Pass Numeracy Tests will help increase your confidence and beat the competition.
Verbal reasoning or literacy tests are commonly used for selection and assessment purposes in order to establish how competent candidates are in their use of English. How to Pass Verbal Reasoning Tests will help you prepare for such tests and gain the confidence to succeed. There is expert advice on improving skills and test techniques, as well as hundreds of practice questions that will help you get used to the type of questions asked. How to Pass Verbal Reasoning Tests includes the following types of test: missing words, word swap, word link, hidden sentences, sentence sequences and a new chapter on verbal logical reasoning. Intermediate in level, it will prove invaluable to school leavers, further education college students and those applying for clerical/administrative posts.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.