- Table View
- List View
From the book jacket: Harry Martin became blind as the result of an eye disease he contracted while serving in the Navy in 1973. His eye condition began as a case of severe visual impairment, and progressed to total blindness over a period of twenty years. Harry lives with his wife, Carol, and his guide dog, Frankie in Orlando, Florida. THIS BOOK IS A MUST READ FOR ALL SIGHTED PEOPLE! Whether you know a blind person or not, you must read this book. The reader will gain a new understanding of what it is like to be blind, and to go blind. Find out why some blind people can see. Learn how guide dogs work. Discover how blind people do things without sight. If you have a blind relative, friend, spouse, or co-worker; this fascinating book will tell you how to relate to them better. Teachers, this book is an outstanding educational tool. Use it to teach your students all about blindness and the blind.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.