- Table View
- List View
The ADHD Handbook for Schools: Effective Strategies for Identifying and Teaching Students with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorderby Harvey C. Parker
Educators in regular and special education settings who teach students with ADHD will appreciate this classroom-focused guide to ADHD that discusses specific teaching strategies and provides a thorough history of the disorder. The most up-to-date knowledge about ADHD characteristics, diagnosis, contributing factors, and medical and psychosocial treatments is comprehensively detailed. Suggested teaching techniques and tips for improving learning and behavior in the classroom include strategies for developing partnerships with parents of ADHD students, a listing of support groups and resources for parents, and specific tools for assessment, such as rating scales and history forms.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.