In the second comic-book-style title to star brother and sister mice Benny and Penny, the fussy duo track down a mysterious new kid who may have climbed over the fence into their yard and stolen Benny's pail (a no-no).<P><P> Winner of the Theodore Seuss Geisel Medal
When Little Bunny can't sleep because "there's too much dark at night," it's up to Papa to find just the right night-light for his little bunny. The pair go for a walk around the woods and Papa points out the possibilities. Perhaps the moon is the ideal night-light? Or maybe the fireflies will be able to help? Or even the little glowworm? Featuring luminescent nighttime illustrations that glow in the dark, and a comforting text, this bedtime story will resonate with little bunnies and their parents.From the Hardcover edition.
Cousin Olivia proves to be very helpful when Uncle Tooth and Otto attempt to retrieve a stolen black pearl from a wicked witch.
A new addition to the premier first chapter book. When Otto gets lost in a deserted fun house, he discovers that it has been invaded by ghosts who once were a band of cutthroats and thieves. Will Otto find the secret exit in time or will he be trapped inside forever?
"Punchy dialogue and compact sentences should make this a read-aloud delight."--Publishers Weekly"Part-slapstick, part-fairy tale, the gently humorous plot has enough twists and turns to keep newly independent readers engaged."--School Library JournalFred the dragon has a list of tasks he must complete in order to be a successful dragon--none of which comes naturally. But he's determined to make #5--eat people--work. Before you can say "pass the salt" he's gobbled up three people even though he doesn't have the stomach for it. Luckily a local shepherd, with the help of a giant and a witch, knows how to cure what ails him and get those pesky people out of his belly. It's happily-ever-after for everyone in ways you'd never expect.Geisel award-winning author/illustrator Geoffrey Hayes is a stepped reader maestro. The common threads between his wildly popular Uncle Tooth and Otto SIRs and the more recent Benny and Penny series (Toon Books) are clear and constant. The art is adorable, the characters are bursting with personality, and the stories are humorously subversive. From marauding pirates to misbehaving mice to a dragon who swallows people whole (and then continues to communicate with them in his belly!), Geoffrey always hits that sweet spot for the stepped reader audience--easy to decode, illustrative tales that tickle the funnybone.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Otto and Uncle Tooth are allegators and detectives who investigate a series of shipwrecks and robberies, which brings them in touch with the dangerous Sid Rat, who kidnaps Auntie Hick. Facing storms, and sea witches and stranded on a tiny island, how can they solve the case and rescue Auntie? Step into reading, step 3, for grades 2 and 3. This book will please avid and reluctant readers alike. The pictures have been described by the validator. If a child is reading this book to improve reading skills, the adult can help by reading the picture descriptions.
Illustrated in black-and-white. When a creepy fortune-teller moves into Boogle Bay, spooky things start happening. One by one, people disappear, and those who remain begin acting very oddly. Otto is convinced that zombie monsters are up to some sneaky tricks--he even spotted one skulking by the movie theater! Will the swamp zombies take over the town before Otto, his Cousin Olivia, and their Uncle Tooth solve the mystery and save everyone?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.