- Table View
- List View
Solid, practical advice on how to cope with the many personal challenges mothers of children with disabilities face at home, at work, and within themselves. A "how to" guide for living a balanced, fulfilling life with advice from moms who have been there -- this includes the authors' experiences and insights, and tips from dozens of other moms of kids with special needs who filled out the authors' questionnaire. Jam-packed with useful steps you can take to make your life more manageable, and ultimately more fulfilling. The book addresses 2 main concerns: Taking Care of Yourself (at home physically, emotionally, practically, spiritually/psychically); Taking Care of Business. Target Audience: Mothers of children with developmental disabilities (e.g., Down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, etc.) or chronic health concerns.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.