- Table View
- List View
1800s. San Antonio, Texas: In room 207 at the Longhorn Saloon, in the long shadow of the Alamo itself, a woman renowned for her beauty was brutally murdered. Her killer was never found. One year ago: In that same historic room, another woman vanished without a trace. Her blood was everywhere...but her body was never recovered. Now: In the last month, San Antonio has become a dumping ground for battered bodies.All young women, many of them long missing, almost all forgotten. Until now.Texas Ranger Logan Raintree cannot sit by and let his city's most vulnerable citizens be slain. So when he is approached to lead a brand-new group of elite paranormal investigators working the case, he has no choice but to accept the challenge. And with it, his powerful ability to commune with the dead.Among Logan's new team is Kelsey O'Brien, a U.S. marshal known for her razor-sharp intuition and a toughness that belies her delicate exterior. Kelsey has been waiting all her life to work with someone who can understand her ability to "see" the past unfolding in the present. Now she has her chance.Together, Kelsey and Logan follow their instincts to the Alamo and to the newly reopened Longhorn, which once tempted heroes with drink, cards and women. If the spirits of those long-dead Texans are really appearing to the victims before their deaths, only Kelsey and Logan have the skills to find out why.And if something more earthly is menacing the city's oldest, darkest corners, only they can stop it-before more innocent women join the company of San Antonio's restless ghosts....
1898: Bound for Chicago, the freighter Jerry McGuen goes down in Lake Michigan, taking with it every man aboard. But what other fate could befall a vessel carrying the ill-gotten sarcophagus of an Egyptian sorcerer?Now: A veteran diver and "ghost ship" expert is exploring the legendary wreck for a documentary. He dies inexplicably inside the freighter's main saloon. Then another diver is killed and panicked rumors rise like bubbles from the lake: ancient demons have awakened below!The expedition's beleaguered financier calls paranormal investigator Katya Sokolov to Chicago to save the film-and perhaps some innocent lives. Along with media forensics guru Will Chan, Kat plumbs the depths of an evil that may date back to the time of the Pharaohs. But some secrets are best drowned in the seas of the past....
The gift of sight comes at a dangerous price. When Deep Down Salvage begins the hunt for the Josephine Marie, it seems like any other dive, until Genevieve Wallace sees the vision of a dead woman in the water, her vacant eyes boring into Genevieve's very soul. Terrified and confused by what she saw, Genevieve is haunted by the memory, but no one--including her diving partner Thor Thompson--believes her. When a dead woman washes up on shore, everyone assumes this is Genevieve's "vision," but Genevieve knows the truth: the dead woman is not the ghost she saw but another victim of the same brutal killer. Sensing that the threat of death is coming closer, she and Thor are forced to acknowledge that some things can't be explained, but simply are. Somehow they have to link a violent past with a present-day mystery or risk losing themselves in an abyss of terror.
Jennifer Blake, Heather Graham and Diana Palmer, well-loved voices of romance fiction, bring you three new stories of sultry Southern romance. With a Southern Touch will renew your faith in the power of love.An eighth-generation Louisianian, Jennifer Blake says "few things have stopped the women in my family from doing what we think is important. `Steel Magnolia' grit and determination are in our blood." Married at fifteen, Jennifer and her husband recently celebrated more than four decades of happily-ever-after."My mom and dad are Irish and Scottish respectively, so I'm a first-generation Floridian," says Heather Graham. "South Florida has always been my home, and I love it-the sun, the water and the beach. My husband and I were high school sweethearts and we've raised (and are still raising!) five children here in the sunshine state.""The women in our family are traditionally strong and independent, thanks to our Scottish-Irish heritage," Diana Palmer says. "And the characters in this story share this same heritage." A die-hard romantic, Diana Palmer married her husband five days after they met, and they have lived in northern Georgia ever since, raising a son and a menagerie of animals.Three remarkable women with their own remarkable stories.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.