Includes: A hands-on, active approach to practicing and applying key social studies skills, Engaging, step-by-step activities for exploring important topics in geography, High-interest selections by authors that help geographic concepts come to life.
Textbook of early and classical history
The ancient peoples of Latin America built great civilizations from the riches of their land. Today, their descendants have mixed with newcomers from around the world to create a modern society with new traditions.
This book is talked about laughter, tears, failure, and triumph are part of every life. These experiences are part of growing up and part of growing older. Along with the characters and authors in this unit, experience what it's like to travel on the road of life--finding adventure and friendship, and gaining insights about life along the way.
Ancient civilizations laid strong foundations for modern cultures.This book talks about the ideas, events, and people of the early ages that shaped our lives.
A book about Africa, its features, the meaning of Africa and its people.
History book covering the beginnings of human history, the fertile crescent, ancient Egypt and Nubia, ancient India, ancient China, ancient Greece, and ancient Rome.
The cities of ancient times bustled with traffic. People shopped at the market, worked, and lived in families, as people do today. Builders, teachers, rulers, and scientists invented objects and systems that we still know and use. The ancient peoples developed great civilizations. They traveled, traded, conquered, and settled. Who could have known how their beliefs and customs would affect the modern world?
This book geographically explores Asia and the Pacific in depth. The readings and activities in this book will help you discover answers to these Guiding Questions. * What are the main physical features of Asia and the Pacific? * What are the main characteristics of the cultures of Asia and the Pacific? * How have Asia and the Pacific influenced other world cultures? * How do the people of this region make a living? * How is the region changing?
Are you curious about our Earth? Do you want to know why some places in the world are cold and some are hot? Have you wondered why more people live in cities and fewer people live in other places? Would you like to find mountaintops or valleys to explore? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you want to know more about geography. Farmers grow corn, traders cross the ocean, and you walk or take a bus to school. Geography explains all of these activities--and many more.
This text book explores Europe and Russia narrating Physical Geography, how they were shaped by History, Cultures, etc. Maps, Atlas, etc. are some of the additional features of this book.
This textbook is about the ancient people of Latin America and their traditions.
From ancient civilizations to modern world, different religion, invasions, history of governments, Roman empire, economies, and revolutions make it an interesting reading for all.
In this book, you'll see how the United States and Canada are working to create a good life for every citizen in these vast countries.
This book contains chapters on: The World of Geography, Earth's Physical and Human Geography, Cultures of the World, Earth's Natural Resources, The United States and Canada: Physical Geography and Shaped by History; their Cultures; Exploring the United States and Canada; Latin America: Physical Geography and Shaped by Its History, its Cultures; Exploring Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and South America; Profiles of people who made a difference in their countries.
Studying the geography of the entire world is a huge task. You can make that task easier by using the five themes of geography: location, regions, place, movement, and human-environment interaction. The themes are tools you can use to organize information and to answer the where, why, and how of geography.
This book helps students learn about the geography, history, and cultures from medieval times to today.
Textbook on the Western Hemisphere, focusing on geography, history and culture.
Learning about geography tools and concepts means being an explorer, and no explorer would start out without first checking some facts. Use the activities on the following page to begin exploring the world of geography. They will help you learn what geography is and how it can help you.
If you are curious about the earth then this is the book for you. It will answer questions such as why some places in the world are cold and some are hot, why more people live in cities and fewer people live in other places etc.
Social studies textbook about Africa
Social studies textbook
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.