Stevie Calhoun knows how to take care of herself. It's not like her mom hasn't disappeared before. So why is Aunt Mindy making such a big deal of it now? It's not like Mom's really doing meth. Stevie makes sure of that. Whatever. She'll go home with Aunt Mindy if it will keep her from calling Child Protective Services--but it doesn't mean she'll stay. Mom will come back. Mom always comes back. And Stevie will be there when she does. But when Stevie meets Alan--frustrating and fascinating and so-different-from-everyone-she-knows Alan--and she starts helping out at the bird rehab center, things begin to look different. Even the tutoring and the ridiculous outfits Aunt Mindy's forcing her into might not be so bad. Not that Stevie would say it out loud. She can't. Because how can anything be good if it doesn't include Mom?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.