- Table View
- List View
Providing a thorough and up-to-date overview of the full range of gynaecological cancers, Gynaecological Oncology is a concise introduction, particularly useful for trainees working towards postgraduate examinations. The first section includes introductory chapters on epidemiology, screening and prevention, imaging, pathology, surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and palliation. The second part of the book covers the gynaecological cancer types in turn; each chapter following a similar format looking at clinical issues, staging, and principles of management. Where appropriate, flow-charts and diagrams are used to help the reader assimilate complex information. A chapter is devoted to decision-making, addressing those issues clinicians and women face when deciding on optimal management in given clinical scenarios. The book is practically based and is enhanced by highlighting learning points, management algorithms and clinical images. This is an invaluable resource for all doctors and allied health professionals dealing with women with gynaecological cancers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.