- Table View
- List View
When Parents Worry: The Real Calls Doctors Receive on Everything from Moles That Seem to Move to Funny-smelling Pooby Henry Anderson
A bird pooped in my daughter's mouth yesterday. Do we need to worry about anything? Sure, kids may say and do the darndest things, but concerned parents definitely take it to a whole other level. While these moms and dads certainly mean well, it's hard for anyone (even a pediatrician) not to dissolve into laughter when they hear weird and unexpected questions like: Betty ate cheese from a mousetrap from which the mouse also ate. Is that anything to worry about? Should my eight-year-old wear boxers or briefs? I dropped off my son's urine sample in a Tupperware container. Can you please give it back when you're done? From concerns about pickle-shaped poos to the risks of sitting on Santa's lap, Dr. Henry Anderson, a pediatrician in private practice, has heard it all#151;and now you can, too.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.