- Table View
- List View
Tom's old enemy, Don Gervase Askary, is up to his evil tricks again and Tom knows he has to try and stop him. As he sets off on another exciting adventure, in and out of time and travelling to places far and wide, Tom encounters danger from every side. Things he sees in the future could have a devastating impact on his life and the lives of those he loves. But is the future set in stone? Or can Tom's actions now rewrite the future and make for a happier ending? As Tom sets out on a near-impossible mission, he is helped by friends old and new, but in the end it will all come down to him and whether he can defeat Don Gervase Askary and his beetle army. This breathtaking climax to the Tom Scatterhorn trilogy will grip readers from the first page to the last-get ready for a non-stop adventure!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.