The Humanities: Culture, Continuity and Change, Book 6: Modernism and the Globalization of Cultures, 1900 to the Presentby Henry M. Sayre
The Humanities by Henry M. Sayre helps the reader see the context and make the connections across the humanities by tying together the entire cultural experience through a narrative storytelling approach.
The Humanities: Culture, Continuity and Change, Book 6: Modernism and the Globalization of Cultures, 1900 to the Present (2nd Edition)by Henry M. Sayre
The Humanities by Henry M. Sayre helps the reader see the context and make the connections across the humanities by tying together the entire cultural experience through a narrative storytelling approach. For an undergraduate introductory level course in the humanities.
A World of Art is a fascinating book that welcomes all students to have an inner eye, think better and appreciate art.Henry M. Sayre explains that by appreciating art; you don't have to like it; but it advances your observation to a completely out of the world view.has proved helpful in several professions; medicine in the diagnostic and surgical processes, police department in observation and these are just examples. The world is filled with images and only if you are keen and actively observant would you be able to understand them. The formatting in this book will help you, the reader, take you through every step of the visual world.
Why A World of Art? Henry Sayre wrote the first edition of World of Art because he wanted to use a text in his own art appreciation course that truly represented all artists, not just the Western canon found at that time in the other texts. He also wanted a text that fostered critical thinking through looking at, talking about, and questioning works of art for his students. We are proud to present the new sixth edition of World of Art, which further strengthens these two key aspects of the text while presenting hot topics like video and time-based media.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.