- Table View
- List View
Technology depends on design and problem solving. To complete a design or to solve a problem, you need resources. The chapters in this section will introduce you to the resources of technology. They will also show you how you can use these resources to create the tools you will need to solve problems. Design and problem solving are important in technology. They are also important in life.
Technology Interactions is the only text that supports any modular technology education program for grades 6-10. Hands-on activities, fascinating facts, problem-solving exercises and other features to help students understand and experience technology. Topics include computer animation, health technologies, robotics, lasers and fiber optics, and much more. Students apply technical principles to the solution of problems by actually designing and building projects. Learning experiences at the end of each chapter sharpen students' reasoning and analytical skills by utilizing their creativity. Problem-solving emphasis helps relate technology theory to real-world activities and problems. Linking to Mathematics, Science, and Communication activities build cross-curricular skills. Fascinating Facts provide interesting sidebars that relate to each chapter's content. Career Pages highlight the qualifications and employability skills needed for various occupations.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.