- Table View
- List View
The desert planet Arrakis, called Dune, has been destroyed. Now, the Bene Gesserit, heirs to Dune's power, have colonized a green world--and are turning it into a desert, mile by scorched mile. Here is the last book Frank Herbert wrote before his death: A stunning climax to the epic Dune legend that will live on forever...
Climactic volume of the Dune trilogy in which an alien society achieves ecological salvation. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
Set against a complex backdrop of ecology, Religion, and Politics, this is the story of Paul Atreides, son of the Duke Leto. After the destruction of his father and nearly all of House Atreides by their enemies, the harkonnens, with the collusion of the Emperor, Paul and his mother Jessica become outcasts in the hostile desert of Arrakis. Through courage and trickery, they convince the native Fremen to give them sanctuary. Paul eventually becomes their religious leader, with dire consequences for his enemies, and ultimately for the rest of humanity. A stunning blend of adventure and mysticism, environmentalism and politics, Dune won the first Nebula Award, shared the Hugo Award, and formed the basis of what is undoubtedly the grandest epic in science fiction. Frank Herbert's death in 1986 was a tragic loss, yet the astounding legacy of his visionary fiction will live forever.
All of the ancient power groups are conspiring against Emperor Paul-Muad'dib in this sequel to Dune.
Whipping Star, The Dosadi Experiment, The Santaroga Barrier and Soul Catcher.
[from inside flaps] "Millennia have passed on Arrakis, and the once-desert planet is green with life. Leto Atreides, son of the world's savior, the Emperor Paul Muad'Dib, is still alive but far from human. To preserve humanity's future, he sacrificed his own by merging with a sandworm, granting him near immortality as the God Emperor of Dune for the past 3,500 years. Leto's rule is not a benevolent one. His transformation has made not only his appearance but his morality inhuman. A rebellion, led by Siona, a member of the Atreides family, has risen to oppose the despot's rule. But Siona is unaware that Leto's vision of a Golden Path for humanity requires her to fulfill a destiny she never wanted ... or could have possibly conceived ..." This edition contains an introduction by Brian Herbert.
As worlds are added to the galactic empire, they are analyzed for possible war-making tendencies...
The all-powerful secret government agency wanted Dr. Hellstrom's Project 40. But it also knew that Hellstrom was dangerous. Any move to investigate his hidden farm must be very carefully made. A team of operatives was sent to invade a world of insect-humans more fearful than even the agency's chief suspected. Specially-bred scientists with huge heads and stunted legs developed weapons with deadly insect venom, and worse.
Fifth book in the classic sci fi series based on the world of Dune
In the Jesus Incident Herbert and Ransom introduced Ship, an artificial intelligence that believed it was God, abandoning its unworthy human cargo on the all-sea world of Pandora. Now centuries have passed. The descendants of humanity, split into Mermen and Islanders, must reunite... because Pandora's original owner is returning to life!
Dune is perhaps the most popular sf series created in the last fifty years. Now, for the first time, readers can see into the mind of the author as he writes about and writes Dune. His son and Kevin J. Anderson provide a novel based on an original design of Dune that never happened and provide several short stories and introductory notes before each new section.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.