Text covers a tradition of democracy; the Federal Government; State and Local Government; the citizen in government; the citizen in society; the American economy; the United States and the world.
prepare students for future Algebra courses and also consolidate the core ideas of previous mathematics courses, so that it will serve students of varied mathematics backgrounds. The contents of this course are many of the fundamental ideas and procedures necessary to be successful in subsequent mathematics courses and many careers.
An English Spanish learning textbook.
Explore the world around you with pages of colorful photos, helpful illustrations, exciting Case Studies, and hands on activities using everyday materials. Learn how environmental science concepts are connected to your everyday life.
The U.S. Constitution outlines six fundamental principles that have guided American government for more than 200 years. The Framers of the Constitution established these six principles-popular sovereignty, limited government, separation of powers, checks and balances, judicial review, and federalism-as the basis of our national government.
Larson Pre-Algebra is designed for students who are studying pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, and advanced algebra. It emphasizes critical thinking and reasoning, and helps students to develop strong skills through mathematical modeling and problem solving.
Academic Vocabulary for the Unit Academic vocabulary is the language you use to talk and write about the subjects you are studying, including math, science, social studies, and language arts. Understanding and using academic vocabulary correctly will help you succeed in your classes and on tests.
This edition contains unit lessons on Plot, Conflict, and Setting, Analyzing Character and Point of View, Understanding Theme, Mood, Tone, and Style, Myths, Legends, and Tales, Biography and Autobiography, Information, and Argument, and Persuasion.
This book educates students on literature with the aid of short stories mostly.
The Texas Student Edition includes a special preface that goes over the Texas Skills and a guid to Academic Success that involves understanding the TEKS and Texas Assessment Strategies. This text book was created in consultation with Reading and Literary Specialists, Media Specialists, English Learners Specialists, Curriculum Specialists, Teacher Advisors and Texas Teacher Reviewers.
This textbook is closely aligned to the English Language Arts and Reading TEKS, so that every time you learn or practice a skill, you are mastering one of the TEKS.
This book contains interactive reader for Grade 10 in unit lessons of: Plot, Setting and Mood, Character Development, Narrative Devices, Theme, Author's Purpose, Argument and Persuasion, The Language of Poetry, Author's Style and Voice, History, Culture , and the Author, Greek Tragedy and Medieval Romance, Shakespearean Drama, etc.
The Common Core State Standards insist that the responsibility for helping students achieve literacy is not the sole responsibility of the English teacher. The authors describe what today's children need to know and be able to do to thrive in post-secondary education and the workplace.
Some of the topics covered in this book include: matter, atoms, chemical reactions, solutions, acids, bases, salts, nuclear changes, motion and forces among others.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.