Explores the story of United States history, weaving the reflections of people who experienced history firsthand throughout the narrative. Thought-provoking lessons make history human and relevant to students' everyday lives, helping them to realize the richness of our nation's history. Identifies themes in geography and technology that influenced American history.
Learn more about American history, emphasizing the voices of those who made it.
Text covers a tradition of democracy; the Federal Government; State and Local Government; the citizen in government; the citizen in society; the American economy; the United States and the world.
prepare students for future Algebra courses and also consolidate the core ideas of previous mathematics courses, so that it will serve students of varied mathematics backgrounds. The contents of this course are many of the fundamental ideas and procedures necessary to be successful in subsequent mathematics courses and many careers.
An English Spanish learning textbook.
Explore the world around you with pages of colorful photos, helpful illustrations, exciting Case Studies, and hands on activities using everyday materials. Learn how environmental science concepts are connected to your everyday life.
The U.S. Constitution outlines six fundamental principles that have guided American government for more than 200 years. The Framers of the Constitution established these six principles-popular sovereignty, limited government, separation of powers, checks and balances, judicial review, and federalism-as the basis of our national government.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.