- Table View
- List View
Algebra Essentials and Applications is focused, organized, and easy to follow. The program shows your students how to read, write, and understand the unique language of mathematics, so that they are prepared for every type of problem-solving and assessment situation.
A literature book set according to Pennsylvania educational standards.
The book broadly covers selections from major forms of literature fiction, poetry, drama, biographies of authors among others. Each section contains a detailed critical introduction to each form, brief biographies of the authors, and a clear, concise editorial apparatus.
The textbook provides the student/learner with eight categories of academic standards for reading, writing, and speaking and listening. It also helps the student/learner study the Writer's Models and learn to write short stories, editorials, and more.
The book provides Academic Standards for Reading, Writing, and Speaking and Listening, which will be required by the students to master by the end of the eleventh grade.
Holt Geometry provides foundation concepts for high school mathematics. As presented in grades k-8, the basic understandings of number, operation, and quantitative reasoning; patterns, relationships, and algebraic thinking; geometry; measurement; and probability and statistics are essential foundations for all work in high school mathematics.
Have you ever wondered...why some places are deserts while other places get so much rain? What makes certain times of the year cooler than others? Why do some rivers run dry? Maybe you live near mountains and wonder what processes created them. You will learn about this and so much more in this book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.