- Table View
- List View
Stories can be found anywhere and everywhere. Think of the number of different stories that might be inspired by the painting shown on these pages. Examine the painting closely. Use your imagination to write a story. Some of the following suggestions may help you free-write your first thoughts.
The book has a Reading Warm-Up at the beginning of every section provides the student with the section's objectives and key terms. A Reading Strategy at the beginning of every section provides tips to help students organize and remember the information covered in the section.
Good physical health is important, but there is more to health than feeling good physically. Health is a condition of your physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being. Each part of your health is equally important.
When you think of health, you probably think about your physical health. Your physical health is the part of your health that deals with the condition of your body. Things that you can do to maintain your physical health include the following: eating balanced meals, engaging in physical activity, getting 8 hours of sleep every night, maintaining good hygiene
Your emotional health can affect how you feel about yourself and how you treat other people. Emotional health is the way you recognize and deal with your feelings.
This text contains Health and Wellness, Successful Decisions and Goals, Building Self-Esteem, Physical Fitness, Nutrition and Your Health, A Healthy Body, a Healthy Weight, Mental and Emotional Health, Managing Stress, Encouraging Healthy Relationships, Conflict and Violence, Teens and Tobacco, Teens and Alcohol, Teens and Drugs, Infectious Diseases, Noninfectious Diseases and Disorders, Your Changing Body, and Your Personal Safety.
You are about to take a journey through the world of Earth science. While different scientists study many different things, they each encounter questions and problems that they try to answer and solve. Earth scientists must often rely on indirect measurements using tools to sense things that are beyond the reach of their own five senses.
The Language in Context worksheets include Choices worksheets, Proofreading Applications, Literary Model Worksheets, and Writing Applications to guide students throughout their English lessons.
Elements of Language: Grammar, Usage and Mechanics: Language Skills Practice for Chapters 10-24 (Grade 6)by Holt Rinehart Winston
Here's your chance to step out of the grammar book and into the real world. You may not notice parts of sentences, but you and the people around you use them every day. The following activities challenge you to find a connection between sentences and the world around you. Do the activity below that suits your personality best, and then share your discoveries with your class.
Elements of Language is divided into four major parts. Part 1 Communication, Part 2 Sentence and Grammar, Part 3 Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics and Part 4 Quick Reference Handbook. These sections ties together the essential skills and strategies students use in all types of communication--reading, writing, listening, speaking, viewing, and representing.
Put the communication strategies in Elements of Language to work by logging on to the Internet. At the Elements of Language Internet site, you can dissect the prose of professional writers, crack the codes of the advertising industry, and find out how your communication skills can help you in the real world.
This book contains a variety of reading materials such as Essays, Biographical Sketch, Autobiographies, Poems, Short stories, History, Eyewitness Accounts, Magazine Articles, Parody, Epic Novel, News Articles, Drama, Fable, Legend, Epic, Photo Essay, etc. Resource Center, Handbook of Literary Terms, Communication Handbook, Reading Strategies and Study Skills are some of the additional features of this book.
Elements of Literature, Fifth Course: Literature of the United States with Literature of the Americasby Holt Rinehart Winston
This resource book Elements of Literature Fifth Course contains a treasure of study materials primarily a literature of the United States with literature of the Americas.
The authors of this have established the literary framework of the Elements of Literature program and developed instructional materials for the elements of drama, poetry, and fiction in the book.
School textbook on literature.
This Elements of Literature-Introductory Course has a collection of short stories, fairy tales, novels, plays, poems, magazine articles, Essays, autobiographies, biographies, true narratives, interviews, communication workshops etc.
Elements of Literature contains a lot of stories, poems, and essays to help students improve their language skills.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.