- Table View
- List View
Textbook on how to make good health decisions
Practice your grammar skills for better learning.
"The reason English is a required subject in almost all schools is that nothing in your education is more important than learning how to express yourself well. You may know a vast amount about a subject, but if you are unable to communicate what you know, you are severely handicapped. No matter how valuable your ideas may be, they will not be very useful if you cannot express them clearly and convincingly. Language is the means by which people communicate. By learning how your language functions and by practicing language skills, you can acquire the competence necessary to express adequately what you know and what you think."
Life science is the study of living things-from the tiniest bacterium to the largest tree! In this unit, you will discover the similarities of all living things. You will learn about the tools that life scientists use, and you'll learn to ask your own questions about the living world around you.
Recommended California approved textbook in the language arts.
Studying geography requires the ability to understand and use various tools. This Skills Handbook explains how to use maps, charts, and other graphics to help you learn about geography and the various regions of the world. Throughout this textbook, you will have the opportunity to improve these skills and build upon them.
Speech For Effective Communication includes a number of topics to help the students throughout the syllabus. The main topics are The Communication Process, Interpersonal Relationships, Public Speaking, Democratic Processes among others.
World History: Continuity and Change presents historical information from the perspective of three key ideas fundamental to human history throughout the world. These ideas provide a basis for analyzing and evaluating past events. The first key idea is that civilization resulted from individual and group efforts to survive by adapting to the physical environment, adopting new behaviors if necessary as the environment itself changed. The second key idea is that as self-aware beings, humans try to ensure not only their physical well-being but also their emotional and spiritual well-being. The third key idea is that the more flexible human beings are in responding to changing circumstances, the more likely they are to survive.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.