- Table View
- List View
Literature of the United States textbook
This edition helps students to achieve five major goals: reading, literature, writing, listening and speaking, and research.
The book helps the student become an effective writer. In this book, the student learns to identify and write for a variety of audiences and learns how to insert elements from the writing process to inform the reader.
This edition helps student master South Carolina's academic standards. The Program contains Reading Goal (R)- The student will draw upon a variety of strategies to comprehend, interpret, analyze, and evaluate what the student reads; Communication Goal (C)-The student will recognize, demonstrate, and analyze the qualities of effective communication; Research Goal (RS)-The student will access and use information from a variety of appropriately selected sources to extend his or her knowledge.
The following chart lists Ohio's Academic Content Standards for language arts and the grade-level indicators for grade 6.The numbered indicators summarize what you should be able to do by the end of your sixth-grade year. Each indicator appears in the left column in a yellow box, followed by an explanation of the indicator. In the right column are examples of how Elements of Literature helps you master the standards.
The Holt Reader is designed to accompany Elements of Literature, Sixth Course. Like Elements of Literature, its purpose is to help one interact with the selections and master language arts skills.
Helps 8th grade students master the required standards of Literature. It gives guidelines on taking and writing tests, revising and essay writing and also. It also contains additional literacy selections.
Literature book for the 12th grade.
The Elements Of Literature, Third Course contains collections of short stories, nonfiction, poetry, and guidance to improving reading skills and also a language handbook.
Discover more about the stories, poems, and essays in Elements of Literature by logging on to the Internet. At go.hrw.com we help complete your homework assignments, learn more about your favorite writers, and find facts that support your ideas and inspire you with new ones.
Literature textbook for 9th graders.
Reading is an interactive process. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it. This book is designed to do just that--help you interact with the selections you read by marking them up, asking your own questions, taking notes, recording your own ideas, and responding to the questions of others.
Literature textbook for children in Illinois.
This book offers a wide range of activities to help students improve on their geometry skills.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.