To anyone, who is need of a review of basic math topics ranging from grades kinder through fifth, I highly recommend this book. I have taught and tutored for the past 13 years, and have found many resources for teaching math, but never one that is as visual and detailed as this book. I always have resources for kinetic learners on hand too, but love to use this book with my students, since the visual examples alone give great ideas to parents and teachers of visual and kinetic learners. Thus far, I have found that the only downside is that it is a bit heavy for children to carry, which is why I recommend having a copy at home so your child does not need to carry it back and forth from the classroom to his or her home. The standards listed within the book are based on California standards, but if your "out-of state" (outside of California) school has a math book that is not doing the trick, I still highly recommend having this as a resource. Well worth every penny!
All living things need to make or take in food. Living things need a way to take care of and protect their bodies. They also need to grow and reproduce, or make more living things of the same kind. They need a way to get rid of waste, too.
A book for students to learn about Earth's structure, mountains, earthquakes, volcanoes etc.
Topics covered in this book are: exploring the night sky, solar system, stars, galaxies and living in space.
If you want to learn about the sun, moon and earth this will book will be a good start.
The book focuses on the development of the reading skills, writing skills, thinking skills, revising skills among others. Students get to learn about comprehending academic reading in a range of disciplines, expanding their academic vocabulary and developing organizational structures.
Your child has studied multiplication and division in past years but may not have reached total mastery. This part of Math Expressions guides students as they deepen and extend their knowledge.
As a young boy growing up in New Jersey, Robert Blake always loved to draw. He recalls the time he drew a mural on the hallway wall. This drawing was "not artistically appreciated" by his parents, he says.
California recommended proofread textbook on the fundamentals of reading skills.
The book is full of beautifully illustrated stories and is in a simple language. The book is for beginning readers. The biggest bonus in this book is cover-to-cover full-color presentation coupled with discussion questions at the end of each story unit.
English textbook for 1st graders.
An easy to read English book.
An easy to read English book for children.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.