To anyone, who is need of a review of basic math topics ranging from grades kinder through fifth, I highly recommend this book. I have taught and tutored for the past 13 years, and have found many resources for teaching math, but never one that is as visual and detailed as this book. I always have resources for kinetic learners on hand too, but love to use this book with my students, since the visual examples alone give great ideas to parents and teachers of visual and kinetic learners. Thus far, I have found that the only downside is that it is a bit heavy for children to carry, which is why I recommend having a copy at home so your child does not need to carry it back and forth from the classroom to his or her home. The standards listed within the book are based on California standards, but if your "out-of state" (outside of California) school has a math book that is not doing the trick, I still highly recommend having this as a resource. Well worth every penny!
A scientific textbook designed in a way that you can read on your own. Covering the following areas Unit A: Survival of Living Things. Unit B: Patterns in the Sky Unit C: Matter. Unit D: Energy.
All living things need to make or take in food. Living things need a way to take care of and protect their bodies. They also need to grow and reproduce, or make more living things of the same kind. They need a way to get rid of waste, too.
A book for students to learn about Earth's structure, mountains, earthquakes, volcanoes etc.
30 one page stories with reading comprehension questions at the end.
Topics covered in this book are: exploring the night sky, solar system, stars, galaxies and living in space.
If you want to learn about the sun, moon and earth this will book will be a good start.
Classification involves observing the animal, identifying its traits and characteristics then categorizing it for ease study.
A third grade science workbook on the earth's resources.
An early reader book from the Decodable Readers series by Houghton Mifflin.
Units: Ecosystems Energy and Matter in Ecosystems The Solid Earth Electricity and Magnetism
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.