- Table View
- List View
When the planet Empyrea, a colony of genetically perfected human beings, demands that the Federation remove a science station which has been in place for nearly twenty years, the Starship EnterpriseTrademark is assigned to transport to the planet the Federation ambassador who negotiated with the Empyreans long ago -- an ambassador who was once Dr. McCoy's closest friend, but is now a bitter rival. On Empyrea, McCoy discovers Anna, a daughter he never knew he had. McCoy soon realizes that the isolationist Empyreans must not learn her father is an off-worlder, and that her genes are less than "perfect. " As relations with the Empyreans collapse around him, McCoy must find a way to save his newfound daughter from the harshest penalty her planet can impose!
MERE ANARCHY A new six-part epic covering thirty years of Star Trek history, continuing with an adventure that takes between The Final Frontier and The Undiscovered Country! Book 5: THE BLOOD-DIMMED TIDE Twenty-five years after the disaster, Mestiko's recovery is stagnating amid social unrest. A lunar colony designed for scientific research might give the people hope -- until a local terrorist group called the Torye attacks the colony and steals an experimental subspace weapon. The is sent to find the Torye and retrieve the weapon. But even as Captain Kirk and his crew -- Saavik, Scotty, Chekov, Uhura, and McCoy -- follow the trail, Captain Spock goes on a daring undercover mission to Klingon space that will have dire consequences for the future of Mestiko -- as well as the Federation...
THE SHADDAN CROWN IS THE KEY TO POWER -- AND THE KLINGONS HAVE THE ADVANTAGE! An Enterprise shuttle is forced to crash-land in a violent storm on the barren planet Sigma 1212. Spock, McCoy and Kailyn, the beautiful heir to the Shaddan throne, survive in the near disaster. Pursued by primitive hunters and a band of Klingon scouts, they must reach the mountain where the fabulous dynastic crown is hidden. With the help of Spock and McCoy, and her own fantastic mental powers, Kailyn must prove that she alone is the true heir to the throne. Should they fail, they will open the door for Klingon takeover of the whole quadrant -- and the galaxy's hope to live long and prosper will fall in the shadow of a cruel tyranny!
The afternoon began as usual on that crisp mid-October day. Major leaguer Pete Forsythe fielded baseballs at Yankee Stadium. Mayor Daniel O'Connor dedicated the new reptile building at the Bronx Zoo. U.S. President William Brent Morrow, following his doctor's orders, napped contentedly. CBS news anchorwoman Denise Daltrey prepared for an afternoon tennis match. United Nations diplomat Lauren Stewart visited with her father in his Harlem home. Until they sensed its presence... felt the vibrations rattling the earth beneath them ... heard the strange hum intensifying into a loud throbbing that emanated from everywhere at once... saw it, the glimmering massive round vessel drifting above them. They came from another planet, along with others, in spaceships that were miles long, hovering over cities throughout the world. And life for the entire human race would never be the same.
For three centuries the people of Alaj and the people of Etolos have been bitter enemies. However, when crippling disasters strike both worlds, each planet becomes the other's hope for survival. With time running out, Captain Picard and his crew are called to negotiate a peaceful settlement and begin rescue efforts. But some factions would rather see both planets perish and will stop at nothing to prevent peace. Soon the U.S.S. Enterprise crew is caught up in a web of intrigue and terrorism that culminates with an act of ultimate revenge against bother peoples -- revenge that will meant he destruction of two worlds and the U.S.S. Enterprise.
On a routine mission to survey Domarus IV -- a class M world with no intelligent life -- a U.S.S. Enterprise shuttle crewed by Data, Troi and Wesley Crusher is captured by a race called the Tenirans who claim the world for themselves. As Captain Picard tries to negotiate with the captain of the Teniran ship, the shuttle suddenly disappears in a blaze of color and light. Picard demands to know what's happened to the shuttle and its crew, but the Tenarins deny any part in their disappearance. Suddenly, Captain Picard vanishes from the bridge and finds himself alone on the planet's surface with the Tenarin captain. As the two captains begin to work together, they realize that they are not alone on Domarus IV as they confront an incredible alien force with the power to transform a world -- or to destroy it.
Sent to deliver emergency famine relief to the planet Thiopa -- the Federation's only allies in a critically important sector of space -- the crew finds a brutal dictatorship -- one more concerned with preserving its own powers than protecting its citizens, or the world they all share. Captain Picard is hesitant about turning over the supplies to the corrupt goernment: he fears they may never reach their intended destination. But can he convince the ruling council to change their ways, before it is too late -- for the government, and Thiopa itself?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.