- Table View
- List View
This engineering course book introduces advanced control systems for vehicles, including advanced automotive concepts and the next generation of vehicles for ITS. For each automotive control problem considered, the authors emphasise the physics and underlying principles behind the control system concept and design. This is an exciting and rapidly developing field for which many articles and reports exist but no modern unifying text. An extensive list of references is provided at the end of each chapter for all the topics covered. It is currently the only textbook, including problems and examples, that covers and integrates the topics of automotive powertrain control, vehicle control and intelligent transportation systems. The emphasis is on fundamental concepts and methods for automotive control systems, rather than the rapidly changing specific technologies. Many of the text examples, as well as the end-of-chapter problems, require the use of MATLAB and/or SIMULINK.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.